10 Ways to Write Better Headline
Headlines decide the article conversion rate and traffic to that website. To know what is the reason and science behind it come inside to learn ways to write better headlines.
A headline of an article decide the fate of that post. How? Only if the headline is clicked to read the post, it is success or else it is failure.
All humans won’t click all the headlines. Human’s brain are attracted towards the which is asking to take action.
Make sure to add only up to 70 characters in the headline. If it is exceed 70 characters google will ignore the remaining words. So be careful in this.
Likewise, all post are not clicked and read by readers. So to get click and read, you need to write a better headlines.
1. Add numbers in the headlines
While writing headlines you should add numbers either at the beginning or at the end. What numbers you should add?
Here you can add year at the end of the title. This leaves a better impression on audience. So add some numbers in headlines.
You can see my headline for this post where I had used numbers to write better headlines.
- 110 lessons learned from 10 years of blogging
- 11 ways to build muscle and lose fat faster
- 17 untapped backlink sources
- 27 ways to grow your yoga business (without working more hours)
2. Add some action words to write better headlines
Action words are the words which intend the audience to take some action. Add any of the following logical reason words after number while writing better headlines.
Action words are as follows:
Here is some of the examples on how to use these action words and number in combinations.
- For example:
- 5 Tips to Write Blog Introductions Like a Pro
- 15 Lessons I Learned the Hard Way as a 3-Year-Old Blogger
- 8 Principles for Designing a Perfect Landing Page
- 17 Facts About Content Marketing That You Didn’t Know
- 6 Insights to the Future of Search Engine Optimization
- 3 Secrets to Make Your List Post Sing
3. Create a Hook or Urgency in Headline:
Try to create some urgency in headlines. How? You can add some urgent words in headlines to create a situation of urgency.
All human intend to buy anything if the deal is going to be closed. So use this psychology to get them read your post.
Some example for urgency words are as follows:
- Buy Now
- Take Action Now
- Stop Wasting Time
- Limited Time Offer
Example sentences for these words are as follows:
- 10 important steps you need to follow before launching blog
- 13 vital steps to create a business account
- 15 crucial action taking steps for launching course Take action now
4. Ask Questions as a Headline
You can ask the questions that make the audience curiosity rises to click your title. At the same time, there are many structures to ask questions also.
Lets see some of the example for questionable headline:
- What are the ways to reduce the friction
- How to create a text effect and sell it as digital products
5. Use some emotional words in headlines
Make use of emotional words in headline to get more impression. At the same time, add some negative or positive sentiment words in headline.
Some of the emotional words you can make use are as follows:
Some of the examples using the above words in headline
- How to Conquer Writer’s Block in 6 Simple Steps
- Case Study: How Courage Helped Me to Build a 6 Figure Online Business
- The Best Way to Write From Your Heart and Connect With Customers
6. Add adjectives in Headline
Adjectives makes some influence in audience’s mind. So choose the write option which is best suited for your topic. This is how you need to write better headlines
Also address your audience and write specially for them. Some of the adjectives you can use in headlines for your topic:
Example sentences using these adjectives:
- 5 best free workout videos on youtube
- 10 incredible bird photography tips for beginners
- For Clickbank Affiliates Only: Double Your Affiliate Commission in 15 Minutes a Day
- WordPress Fashion Bloggers: 4 Ways to Secure Your Blog Against Hackers
- Struggling Bloggers: Create an Endless Stream of Content Ideas With This 1 Website
7. Use 5W's
What is 5 W’s? These are the questions. who, ,what, when, where, why are the questions you should ask yourself. This is how you need to write better headlines.
Before creating headlines, for your topic ask the question and brainstorm your idea. Then create an appropriate headline best suited for your topic.
8. Make use of Formula
A better headline should give solution, challenge and promise to audience. Begin your headline with how to, why, which, who else, wanted, this, because, if, advice.
1. little known ways formula:
Example of little known steps:
- 3 Little-Known Steps to Monetize a Brand New Blog Successfully
- How These 5 Little Known Secrets Increased My Search Traffic by 54%
- 17 Little-Known Ways to Increase Conversion Rate
2. “Get rid of [problem] once and for all” formula:
Example for get rid of:
- 8 simple ways to get rid of belly bloat
- How to get rid of content marketing failure and drive search traffic
- How to get rid of cellulite fast and naturally
3.“Who else wants” formula:
Example for who else wants:
- Who else wants to better headline writing ninja
- Who else wants star wars battlefront 3?
- Who else wants to buy market basket
9. Don't forget to A/B test
To get better results for your post, try to use A/B Test your headline. How? Choose 2 headlines for your post.
For the first week use 1st headline and check the analytics. Then for second week use 2nd headline and compare the analytics.
This will give you a correct and best suited headline for your post. Or else you can use these 2 headlines in your pinterest pin to find the best suited headline for your post.
10. Make use of Title Generator
There are many title generator are available in the market. But these 5 ranks the top and easy to use.
Just type your keyword and hit search. It will show you the list of headlines available. Choose the one which is best suited for your topic. This is how you write better headlines.
The list of title generators are as follows: